Leaving a Legacy
With a little planning ahead, you can leave a legacy that impacts our mission to help children and families reach their full potential. When you remember Concordia Place in your estate plan, you strengthen the foundation from which generations of children and families will benefit. And many time you can make a gift you never thought possible.
There are many ways your charitable giving can have an impact; below are just some of the ways to consider:
- List Concordia Place as a beneficiary in a life insurance policy is a simple, yet meaningful way to give
- Transfer ownership of your life insurance policy to Concordia Place; the amount you gift for your premiums are a possible tax deduction for you now
- Include Concordia Place as a benefactor in your will or living trust with a few simple sentences; you can easily change this at any time as you are not making the gift until after your death
- Gift excess retirement income from a required minimum retirement withdrawal provides an immediate benefit to Concordia Place and a possible tax deduction to you
- Including Concordia Place as a beneficiary of your retirement and other accounts
- Speak with your tax or financial advisors for information on a charitable remainder trust, donor-advised funds and other planned giving tools.
Although not necessary, notifying us when you include Concordia Place in your future giving plans helps us ensure your bequest will be executed in the manner you intend.
You should consult a professional when developing your legacy plan. We are happy to help you with any questions specifically for Concordia Place. You can reach Anne Wilson, Director of Advancement, at 773-436-1600 x421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is some information you may find helpful as you establish your planned gift:
- Concordia Place Federal EIN: 32-0033719
- Illinois Department of Revenue Tax-exempt ID Number: E9942-1275-03
- Administrative Office: 3300 N. Whipple St.
Chicago, IL 60640
- Sample language for speaking with your attorney: I would like to consider a bequest to Concordia Place the next time we discuss my will. Please put this memo in my will folder as a reminder to us. Thank you very much.
- The following sample bequest provisions may be helpful for your attorney in drafting will provisions:
“I give, devise and bequeath to Concordia Place, a non-profit organization existing under the laws of the State of Illinois, and located in Chicago, Illinois, ___________________________(% of your estate, dollar amount, property, securities, etc)
…to be used for _______________________(however you wish the gift to be used) at Concordia Place.
Gifts of Stock
Concordia Place can accept stock as a gift. Because Concordia Place is an affiliate of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the ELCA Foundation helps administer all gifts of stock to Concordia Place.
- Complete the DTC Transfer Authorization Form #1
- Send it directly to your broker to electronically transfer (DTC) appreciated stock from your broker to the ELCA account at Wells Fargo Advisors. (If you only need to provide transfer information over the phone or on your broker’s form, please find it on Form #1.)
- Email (or send) Shawn Greene a letter of instruction which includes the number of shares, name of stock, designation of the gift and your full name and home address.
If you would like to transfer anything other than stocks held at a broker, please first contact Shawn Greene at the ELCA.
Shawn Greene, Gift Coordinator
Phone: 800-638-3522 ext. 2976 or 773-380-2976; Fax: 773-380-2280
Mission Advancement/ELCA Foundation
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
8765 W Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631-4101